Sunday, September 23, 2007

Get behind the wheel of a Lemon.


After being encouraged to use the Master Cleanse method of detox in April of this year, I have been an advocate of the lemon ever since and love everything about it. The Master Cleanse, developed by Stanley Burroughs in the 1940's originally to cure stomach ulcers has blossomed over the years as one of the most effective and pleasant means of detox via fasting or mono-dieting. Please note that you should consult your doctor first, especially diabetics.

The recipe consists of one squeezed lemon or lime, equal amount of pure Maple syrup (preferably grade B), 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper and 16 oz of water. Don't judge the recipe until you try it, I find it tasted better than Gatorade! If considering the detox you should read the Stanley Burrough's literature first.

I stayed on the detox for 13 days after which I felt my body just wanting to get back to solid foods. The physical changes in my life have been day and night! Now ever since ending the detox, I continue to consume the Lemon drink as a means of getting much needed nutrition and liquid into my system as possible, I wouldn't drink enough water on it's own.

Even if you don't think of going with a detox (which I highly recommend), you can try this recipe as a treat from time to time or even as freezies for the kids, vary the recipe to your liking.

Go ahead, get a lemon!

No comments: